Amnesia customers
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Came to work this morning there aren’t many customers calling in today. Answered around 5 phone enquiries this morning and out of the 5 calls, 3 phone calls is enough to make my blood boil. I hate it when “uncles” or “aunties” called. I sense trouble everytime in getting them to hang up. It seems to me that hogging on the phone is their area of expertise. In fact they rattled and nag so much on the phone without any intention of buying our packages or coach tickets.
Most “Uncle” sounded like this…
Uncle: HARLOW AIREBUS AHH??
Me: Ya?
Uncle: You know how to speak Chinese anot?
Me: Yes
Uncle: How much ah from Singapore to KL?
Me: $47 one way $94 for 2 way
Uncle:HAR????!!
Me:$47 for one way $94 for 2 way
Uncle: HAR????!!!!
Me: $47 ONE WAY!! $94 FOR 2 WAY!!! (almost shouting)
Uncle: OH.. $45 one way $92 2 WAY…
ME: NO…!!!!! $47 one way $94 2 way!!
Uncle: okokok… how come no promotion
Me: Promotion already ended
Uncle: Aiyo so fast ah..!! that time I recently saw blah blah blah blahzzz…zz.zzzzzz aiyo I need to go there coz I want to join my son and daughter blah blah blah blah… wedding blah blah blah….
Me: I hated this when it happens coz I nv get them to hang the phone…they rattled like machine guns when they have no intention of buying.
Me: I will always end on a unfriendly note….
Me: Uncle the promotion already ended now is $94 in the middle of his conversation and hangs up on him.
Another very scary type of callers is always the AUNTIES!!!
Me: Good morning Airebus
Auntie: This is Airebus?
Me: Ya?
Auntie: How much the tickets to KL?
Me: One way $47 Two way $94
Auntie: HAR!!! HOW COME SO EXPENSIVE?? I TOT IS $18..
Me: The promotion already ended last month (scarstic tone)
Auntie: Y so expensive??? Blah blah blah blah…. This agency tis price only and dat agency dat price.. $94 so expensive… how come like dat???! Dat time I saw your advertisement recently only wat…
Me:Ya……..It ended already..
Auntie: How much your hotel package? I want to travel on Sunday. How mux is the extension?
Me: Hotel Boulevard $145 extension $105 per room per nite.
Auntie: HAR!!!! I tot u advertise $8.
Me: That promotion is only valid if u travel on mon-thurs.
Auntie:Aiyo how come like dat one blah blah blahzz.z.z.z.z.z.z.z
Me:Terms and conditions apply for the $8 promotionAuntie: Then hotel got breakfast one anot?(I simply hate this question?Where got agencies sell hotel packages WITHOUT BREAKFAST ONE!!!!!!!!!!!)
Me:Ya, all packages come with breakfast…
Auntie: I dun wan breakfast can refund money anot?
Me: No, its together wif the package price.
Auntie: The $105 extension is per person or per room.
Me: Per Room
Auntie: Repeat this question 4 or 5 times (The $105 is per room or per person) in 4 different manners.
Auntie: Calculate 4 me the total prices and break them down individually.
Me: Ok (grumbling inside me)
Me: Okay total price $XXX
Auntie: AIYA y so expensive…..nvm thanks!
Me:Fucked up
For uncles, they like to repeat their question even though when u told them this type of service or products are not available. They will rattle on the question again and again and again…… trying to whitewash you to the answer they desire I think.
For example: I want a coach ticket to XXX place. Even though when I told them we do not provide the services, they will still repeat the question again and again and again despite knowing the answer.
A very good example this morning
Uncle: I want a direct bus ticket up to KL
Me: Our bus have to stop at KL than you will take a van up there
Uncle: U dun have a direct bus up there?
Me: No
Uncle: Where does your bus stop?
Me: Mid valley
Uncle:Where
Me: What do u mean where? I already told u mid valley
Uncle: Where is dat
Me: Near the megamall
Uncle: Where is dat (3 or 4 times)
Me: I already told u many times it is located at midvalley mega mall and what do u mean where?
Uncle: Is it near bukit bintang?
Me: No
Uncle: Where is there exactly? Near bukit bintang
Me: It’s at mid valley mega mall and it’s not near bukit bintang?
Uncle: Oh u mean not near bukit bintang?
Me: Uncle I like told u a lot of times already NOT NEAR BUKIT BINTANG(Irritated tone)
Uncle:Than your bus go directly up to genting can anot? I pay extra
Me:No we do not provide this kinda of packages.
Uncle: I pay extra ley..
Me: Still not possible.
Uncle: But I want it direct u cannot arrange ah?
Me: Uncle I already told u many times we dun have direct bus up to genting if u want u take a transfer at KL. (Frustrated tone).
Uncle: okok thank you.
Sometimes u have to deal harshly wif this kinda thick-skinned customers.
Worse for aunties, they like to nag and nag. Especially they are v particular about the pricing. They will try v hard to bargain over the phone and DEMAND for cheap discounts and promotions. Or try to negotiate you to let them bring their child or friend into the hotel room without paying…..Haiz… typical AUNTIES….
Sometimes I really hate to repeat… Sometimes I really suspect they are suffering from some form of amnesia.
Saturday, May 20, 2006