Bangkok trip! 28/11-02/12

Sunday, December 03, 2006

We took flight FD3504 to Bangkok leaving Singapore at 15:35 and supposing arriving in Bangkok at around 16:55. Nevertheless, the flight was delayed. I took a taxi from my house and fetch shihui from her workplace. We roam around the airport T1 due to the flight delay. We ordered sushi and sat there to eat and slack. Finally it was time to board the plane, it took a long time for the plane to finally depart Changi airport. Airasia took 30mins making endless turns and roundabouts on the run away. Making me and sh extremely giddy and sick.


ME AND SHIHUI HEADING SIN-BKK

ARRIVING AT BANGKOK AIRPORT

Finally the plane took off I felt “RELIEVED”. What can we expect from a budget airline? During the late evening when we touched down at the new airport in Bangkok, we searched around for taxi. The traffic condition was really horrendous, endless of accelerating and braking making me sick after the jet lag. To kill our time, we just sat there taking pictures.


ON THE WAY TO BANGKOK CITY INN HOTEL

When we were around the vicinity of world trade centre, the taxi driver was not aware the route to go to our hotel “Bangkok City Inn.” Instead he stop at “Arnoma Hotel”, I could not remember the route to the hotel. So the taxi driver got off his taxi and asked for directions. We checked into the room 508 for the next 5days.It was getting late on the first day, we were not left with much alternatives. So I suggested we go to world trade centre for a dinner and maybe a movie. We settled our dinner at this Japanese restaurant, the sushi was good but the noodles and Katsu sucks.

WORLD TRADE CENTRE, HAVING THE SUSHI FEAST

We went for a movie SAW3, the movie was really really gore. Much gore than I had expected and beyond words can describe. Maybe it was the uncut version.

E MASKS WE BOUGHT FROM THE WASTON AT MBK...


On the second day, we woke up early to have our breakfast. To our disappointment, the food sucks as there wasn’t much variety. We regretted waking up early to stuff ourselves with food like that. Anyway for the rest of the days, we forgo our breakfast. After our breakfast, we went back to our hotel room as usual to slack. We sat down watching HBO channel and laze around.


E DISSAPOINTING BREAKFAST

When it was time, we left for world trade centre and there were lingerie sales. Due to the sales we weren’t able to try out our bra and therefore I bought the bra with cautious. After shopping around the world trade centre we went back to the hotel and tried the bra. Haha.. for sh some were too small for her. Nevertheless all were just nice fitting for me. We slack a while more before going back to world trade where I bought even more bras. Haha .. I guess its enough to sustain me for 1 yr.


WORLD TRADE CENTRE WITH MR MACHO..

We than went to MBK taking a taxi. It was an all hell break lose as all the bags there cost only 199 bahtt. Sh brought the bags like it was free, that kinda entice my shopping mood. I too began grabbing and purchasing the bags as many as possible. We settled our dinner for a western food where we ordered a steak. I found it quite nice though sh felt that it was just normal.


E STEAKS WE ATE AT MBK RESTAURANT

Our itinearies weren’t very packed than my past visit to Bangkok because we had so much time available. It was relaxing and I liked it so much.For the next few days we began shopping at Bangkok bazaar where all the stuffs are very very very cheap. This is the place where I bought most of my shopping goods. I didn’t even bother to bargain much as it was so cheap. We walked around the night bazaar for the next few days as it was just within the vicinity of the hotel location


I AM AT CHATUCHUK WEEKEND MARKET

Chatuchuk weekend market was another place where I shopped a lot of my goods from. Although it is warm and stuffy the goods are worth the visit. I spend my thai bahtt so fast that I was much left with nothing to shop. I was sweating like a pig…. horrible but fun experience.


Pratunum shopping area is probably known as the wholesale market. The things are really cheap if you were to buy it in quantity. I bought bags, shirts, Jovan’s clothings from there.


E FOOD WE ATE AT PRATUNUM INDRA SQAURE SHOPPING CENTRE





SHIHUI ENGROSSED IN HER SHOPPING SPREE WITH A BIG REFUGEE BAG


During a particular night, we went to suan lum night bazaar. It is a very big night bazaar selling stuffs ranging from clothing, handicrafts and souvenirs. However, it is a tourist area their stuffs are overcharged. I would recommend frens to visit it during the last few days of their visit because stuffs there are not really worth the price. The few shopping places I had listed above selling almost the same goods are sold at cheaper prices. So if you were to spend all your currencies at this location, you will be surprised that there are cheaper goods elsewhere. There is a ferries wheel located in suan lum, me and sh took it. I guess it was meant for couples, I find it pretty boring and stuffy up on the ferries wheel. Haha..


E FERRIES WHEEL AT SUAN LUM NIGHT MARKET..

During a day of shopping, we went to Chinatown for some sharkfin soup. It is a location if you like Chinese food, bird nest and cheap and affordable prices. We went to a Chinese restaurant and were served with a big bowl of sharkfin for $20+. We ordered a bowl of noodles, the food was nice but we were too full to finish it. The sharkfin soup is quite different of what you would find in Singapore, you could really taste the essence of the sharkfin.
CHINATOWN'S SHARKFIN FEAST!!!!




A SNAP SHOT TAKEN BY SHIHUI, DAMN DISGUSTED LOOK.. LOLX

I was quite enthusiastic to go to a seafood market where you could use a shopping cart and choose a range of fresh living seafood and request the chief to cook it. We took a taxi and requested the driver to drive us to the location, he took us instead to another seafood centre. We ended up in the wrong seafood centre, we just couldn’t care much. We ate 2 fresh crabs, oysters, tom yum, vegetables. The food was nice, but I was disappointed unable to go to the initial seafood centre that I had planned beforehand.


OUR SEAFOOD FEASTA!!!!!! CRABS, OYSTERS AND TOMYUM...


YUMMY!!!.... ENGROSSED IN MY OWN FOOD








After the meal, we decided to head back to our hotel. We hailed a taxi and he told sh to take a bike to the nearest skytrain at 10bahtt. I wasn’t sure of the conversation between sh and the taxi driver and she looked confident and told me to board a bike. I just hop on to the bike and for just a short distance, the stupid bikers wanted to charge us 40bahtt. We paid them 30bahtt instead as we felt cheated. With 60bahtt it would cost us to travel from the seafood centre to the hotel moreover we are just traveling meters to the nearest skytrain station. Obviously they are trying to *tok us. What else could we do other than paying up? We took a sky train to Nana station where sh told me there is a night bazaar. To our disappointment there weren’t much variety of stuffs available. Most of the stuffs there were seen in other night bazaars and are similar. We bought 2 electric dogs there out of fun.

MY BLOATED LUGGAGE.....

When it is finally our day back to Singapore, we arrived at the airport to find that our flight had been delayed for another hour. What’s worse was that when checking in our bags our baggage was excess and we had to pay around $90+ in thai bahtt. Me and sh stood horrified as we had left with not much currencies. It’s a good thing that they allowed us to pay by VISA. We should had brought a hand carry along instead we check in all our luggage. How stupid of us, and we paid $90+ for an expensive lesson. In total we had 3hours to spend in the airport before our flight is going to take off.
MOMENTS BEFORE DEPARTING THE AIRPORT BACK TO SINGAPORE



E PIC TAKEN OUTSIDE BANGKOK CITY INN HOTEL






LOOK AT OUR AMOUNT OF LUGGAGE, NO WONDER ITS CAUSES BAGGAGE EXCESS


We had our dinner at buger king, I ordered too much forgetting I do not have much currencies with me. I was embarrassed, and the guy charged me lesser for the food. *phew…Throughout our journey back we were cursing Airasia for charging us the excess. We cursed and swear on anything we could think of. Haha.. that was how our journey ended.


GRAND FINALE!!!!.......YEAH MANY STUFFS..=)


AND A BIG HOLE IN MY BANK A/C.. TOTAL SPENDING = $900+ $135(AIRFARE)+$82(ACCOMODATION)... =~(

IT COSTS $$$$ TO BE A SHOPPING QUEEN..




Sunday, December 03, 2006

About Me
Photobucket

D.O.B : 3rd May 1985, Taurus

Currently pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Business Management in SIM.

Favorite Movie gene: Horror

Interest: History, Law, Paranormal, Nature, Traveling, Horror

Dream: The invention of Teleport & travel round the world

Past Affiliations: Kranji Secondary, Singapore Poly, SIM

Gimmie your shit here..
Wishlist
Become a Millionaire

Get a MBA

Be Healthy

Get a Luxurious Sedan

Travel Round e World

My Bucket List
Experience a white xmas with snow

Airborne,Scuba Diving & Skiing

Travel to Japan & Europe

Get married & wear a wedding gown

Take graduation photo

Buy everyone a gift & kiss goodbye

Her Past
January 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
October 2005
December 2005
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009