Dad's eccentric behavior

Sunday, December 24, 2006


It started off with my Dad doing some spring cleaning in my room. As usual, I hoped for the better this time round and I sat in the living room hoping he will not commit the same eccentric “act” again. I knew I was wrong again this time as he was in my room trying to mess up my stuffs. Okay.. his argument or defence was that he was trying to clean my room. OH JUS FUCK OFF! I was really sick of quarrelling over his eccentric behavior of his OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER again. Imagine doing a similar thing for just too many times. I thought of this routine argument as stupid, waste of time and irritating.

Some would feel that he is doing me good by cleaning up my room. How would u like if someone volunteers to clean up your room ends up misplacing all your stuffs? And when you tried to ask him if he had seen that stuff of yours, he would end up saying “I didn’t touched it or seen it!” And that “thing” would go missing for days, months or years until one day you would stumble into a small black corner to find it there. IT is certainly not a place where you would normally place your stuffs.

I would say that he enjoys “HIDING” my things without the slightest memory of placing it there.
Secondly, other than misplacing my stuffs he enjoys tidying my room to his preference. Just like stuffing my calendar into a CD rack when it was meant to be on the table, putting my perfume on top of the HIFIVE, stuffing my crayon shin chan once for decoration into my cupboard. Everything has its purposes.. A calendar is where u placed it on the table to remind you of the dates and not for anyone to stuff it inside the CD rack for goodness sake. My gigantic crayon shin chan that I’ve placed it beside my TV for decoration purpose, he chooses to stuff it inside the cupboard. My first thought was the purpose of having a toy. What’s the purpose of having a toy if you choose to hide it inside the cupboard?

There are many things to surprise me after him clearing my room. I would open up the drawers and find things not meant to be there appearing. There are many occasions where I would bring my mum into my room and show her my dad’s artistic work of cleaning up my room. As usual my mum would “LOL” and told me to “forget it.”

This time round I walked into my room trying to keep my tone calm and told him:” can you stop tidying up my room?” He walked away, out of my room. I just felt that it more was like an addiction for him. Just like smoking, he can’t stop tidying, shaving Jovan’s hair.. many things are just too routine for him. I couldn’t bear it no more and I shouted in his face.

Me: How many times had I told you not to clean up my room?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again the same argument for the 1000th times and it would never get into his head.
As usual he would change the topic again saying I’ve always place misplaced my stuffs untidily inside the toilet. What’s more interesting was that when I went into the bathroom I saw my hairspray, gel, brushes, blusher, foundation, contact lenses and contact lenses solution into stuffed inside a plastic bag. What a unique way of tidying up the toilet?! C'mon the house isn't just meant for your things to be placed there. Just like sweeping the garbage under the bed, throwing the food debris into the basin. It was never for the better.

Sometimes I would really like to do things destructive to get him to MARK my words. Just like messing up with his store room. He had tried to place all his stuffs according to his way and style. There’s no point rattling on and describing the kinda eccentric behavior my dad has. There are words beyond description. His behavior has pissed my mum, sis-in-law and brother. I would say that my sis-in-law really don’t get along with him just like me.

There are days where I sat down watching documentaries on elderly who live on their own. They had apparently turned his/her whole apartment into a garbage dump. I would usually picture this as my Dad’s future if he was to live alone. He likes to store up garbage in his house with the store room full of his garbage. He wouldn’t let anyone touch his things or throw away anything.

Some of his antique collections

Tons of mugs and flask free gifts that he would rather store it than to give it away
Word perfect computer books, for your info we are using Microsoft word now
Window 95 guide books
His old clothing’s stuffing it inside the suitcase and into the storeroom rather than to throw away
Things we threw away end up appearing in the store room (amazing?)
There are days where me and my mum were plotting to throw away some of his useless stuffs discreetly without him noticing it!
It’s just too much of garbage inside my store room, you will be amazed! Maybe our store room has the potential of being a museum someday. Holding some of the precious antiques inside
Tons of shoes he had but never wore it and its really out of fashion, apparently he had stored it for more than 15yrs


He would nag about how my mum places Jovan’s milk bottle not the way he wanted it. Often, he would get a lashing from my mum. Why do we all have to follow your way/style of doing things! Our method works too for goodness sake!!

Our relationship drifted apart since we were young; there are times I really thought what has gotten over him. He used to be “NORMAL” when we were young and I don’t really understand what had led to the change over him. Maybe his job turns him into a robot? Or menopause!


Sunday, December 24, 2006

About Me
Photobucket

D.O.B : 3rd May 1985, Taurus

Currently pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Business Management in SIM.

Favorite Movie gene: Horror

Interest: History, Law, Paranormal, Nature, Traveling, Horror

Dream: The invention of Teleport & travel round the world

Past Affiliations: Kranji Secondary, Singapore Poly, SIM

Gimmie your shit here..
Wishlist
Become a Millionaire

Get a MBA

Be Healthy

Get a Luxurious Sedan

Travel Round e World

My Bucket List
Experience a white xmas with snow

Airborne,Scuba Diving & Skiing

Travel to Japan & Europe

Get married & wear a wedding gown

Take graduation photo

Buy everyone a gift & kiss goodbye

Her Past
January 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
October 2005
December 2005
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009